Elite Events are a major driver of tourism to the area for both locals and visitors, benefiting both Pinellas County and the event owners. To continue promoting tourism and funding events, the Pinellas County Board of County Commission developed this Elite Events Funding Program.
Any questions regarding the program should be sent to [email protected].
Pre-Event Application & Review Process
- Commence Application Process
Date: March 3, 2023
- Public Information Session/Webinar
Date: March 8, 2023
Time: 9 a.m.
- Application Deadline
Date: March 31, 2023
Time: 4 p.m.
*Visit St. Pete/Clearwater administrative, agency and Pinellas County legal review
TDC Meeting to review and approve VSPC funding recommendation
Date: June 28, 2023
Time: 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
Location: Communications Building – Palm Room, 333 Chestnut St., Clearwater, FL 33756
- BCC Meeting to review and approve TDC funding recommendations
Date: July 18, 2023 (to be confirmed)
Time: 2 p.m.
Location: New Courthouse – 5th Floor Assembly Room, 315 Court St., Clearwater, FL 33756
Post-Event Report & Invoice Processing
- Post-Event Report & Invoice Due:
- Due: Fully completed and signed report due within 45 days following conclusion of event. Failure to meet this deadline may jeopardize current or future funding.
- Payment: Funding will be paid in a lump sum on a post-event basis or as otherwise provided in the Tourism Promotion Agreement.