Elite Events are a major driver of tourism to the area for both locals and visitors, benefiting both Pinellas County and the event owners. To continue promoting tourism and funding events, the Pinellas County Board of County Commission developed this Elite Events Funding Program.
Please be advised that while we intend to proceed, given the current, ever-evolving COVID-19 situation, the current Elite Event Funding cycle may be delayed, postponed or canceled, in whole or in part, so plan accordingly.
Any questions regarding the program should be sent to [email protected].
Pre-Event Application & Review Process
- Materials Posted on VSPC Partners Website
Date: Thursday, March 25, 2021
- Commence Application Process (link below)
Date: Thursday, April 1, 2021
- Application Deadline
Date: Friday, April 30, 2021
Time: 4 p.m,
- Visit St. Pete/Clearwater administrative, agency and Pinellas County legal review
TDC Committee Review Meeting
Date: Friday, June 11, 2021
Time: 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Location: Pinellas County Extension Office (Magnolia Room), 12520 Ulmerton Road, Largo, FL 33774
Committee Members: TBA
- TDC Meeting to review and approve Committee funding recommendations
Date: Wednesday, June 16, 2021 (to be confirmed)
Time: 9 a.m.
- BCC Meeting to review and approve TDC funding recommendations
Date: Tuesday, July 13, 2021 (to be confirmed)
Time: 2 p.m.
Post-Event Report & Invoice Processing
- Post-Event Report & Invoice Due: Fully completed and signed report due within 45 days following conclusion of event.
Payment: Funding will be paid in a lump sum on a post-event basis only.