Elite Events are a major driver of tourism to the area for both locals and visitors, benefiting both Pinellas County and the event owners. To continue promoting tourism and funding events, the Pinellas County Board of County Commission developed this Elite Events Funding Program. Below find the tentative timeline and supporting documents for the program (as of 3/27/2020).
Please be advised that while we intend to proceed, given the current, ever-evolving COVID-19 situation, the current Elite Event Funding cycle may be delayed, postponed or canceled, in whole or in part, so plan accordingly.
Any questions regarding the program should be sent to [email protected].
FY20-21 Program Timeline (Timeline is tentative)
- Wednesday, April 1, 2020
- Friday, May 1, 2020
- Application deadline
- Time: 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday, May 21, 2020
- TDC Committee review meeting
- 10 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Location: To be confirmed
- Wednesday, June 10, 2020
- TDC meeting to review and approve committee's recommendations
- 9:00 a.m.
- Pinellas County Courthouse, 315 Court St., Fifth Floor, Clearwater, FL 33756
- July 7 or July 21, 2020 (To be confirmed)
- BCC Meeting to review and approve TDC recommendations
- Time 2:00 p.m.
- Location: Pinellas County Courthouse, 315 Courthouse, 315 Court St., Clearwater, 5th Floor Assembly Room
- Post-Event Report & Invoice Processing
- Post-Event Report & Invoice
- Due: Fully completed and signed report due within 45 days following conclusion of event.
- Payment: Funding will be paid in a lump sum on a post-event basis only.