Crisis & Emergency Management Tool Kit
Visit St. Pete/Clearwater's Accommodations Hurricane Preparedness Tool Kit includes useful resources to help our accommodation partners be better prepared in the event of a weather related emergency. Please use the resources presented below as general guidelines to create an Emergency Action Plan for your tourism-related business.
- Our Hurricane Preparedness Workshop video, which outlines the latest and best practices for disaster response and recovery, includes presentations by experts from Pinellas County Emergency Management, Visit St. Pete/Clearwater, the National Weather Service and other destinations around the state outline.
- Stay informed with our county resources through the Emergency Management Department.
- Accommodation partners have the ability to update their room availability online via an Internet portal after a named storm. A unique login and password is needed for updating an accommodations' inventory. There, you can update your property's contacts and amenities.
- The VSPC team will reach out for additional details throughout the storm. After the storm, the VSPC team will then ask that you log in to the Extranet to complete the Post Storm survey, which indicates availability, reports of damage, and other vital details. If you have not yet received or requested your unique login information, please contact us.
- Here is Visit St. Pete/Clearwater's complete Crisis Communication Plan.
Know Your Zone
Please remember that Pinellas County's evacuation maps changed last year. In order to comply with Emergency Management directives, it is imperative that you know your evacuation zone.
As a reminder, the National Hurricane Center will now provide greater lead time in tropical cyclone watches and warnings. As instituted in 2010, tropical storm and hurricane watches and warnings for threatened coastal areas will be issued 12 hours earlier than in previous years.
In the event a named storm threatens our area, we will update this page as needed. These updates will include information on accommodation availability, attraction closings, and other industry-related news, as well as any evacuation orders and other directives from Pinellas County Emergency Management.