Ongoing COVID-19 Updates for PIE
This page will be regularly updated whenever news is issued related to St. Pete/Clearwater International Airport.
Media Release: March 18, 2020
Airport Media Contact: Michele Routh, Airport Public Relations Director; 727-453-7879 or [email protected]
St. Pete-Clearwater International Airport (PIE) is closely monitoring the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19). At this time, PIE is open and operating as usual. The airport is following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). The health and safety of passengers, employees, and tenants remain a top priority and additional precautions are in place.
If passengers have questions related to upcoming flights, they should contact their airline directly. Allegiant is updating info on https://www.allegiantair.com/travel-advisory-more-info
PIE Airport Cleaning & Sanitation Protocols
We are currently taking precautionary steps in response to the spread of COVID-19, including increased cleaning and sanitizing procedures.
- Total Clorox 360 Sanitizing of all surfaces
- Increased intensity and frequency of disinfecting hard surfaces and high-touch areas throughout the airport
- Increased cleaning efforts in the restrooms and other public areas
- Assuring public restrooms are supplied with soap and towels
- Additional hand sanitizing stations Installed throughout the airport
Follow the CDC guidelines for protecting yourself, which include:
- Wash your hands with soap for 20 seconds
- Avoid contact with people who are ill
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose and eyes.
If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, do not travel. Stay home and consult your health care provider. If you are traveling, and are concerned about the impact of the COVID-19 virus on your trip, please consult the CDC for a current list of travel advisories and useful information: https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel