Dining Out at Home
The Area Agency on Aging of Pasco-Pinellas is working with local restaurants to safely serve seniors in need and help support our local economy during the COVID-19 outbreak.
If you are a senior or know of a senior interested in receiving meals, please call:
- Pinellas County: 727-573-9444
- Pasco County: 727-834-3340
For Restaurants Wanting to Participate
If you are a restaurant interested in working with the Area Agency on Aging of Pasco-Pinellas, Inc., please email [email protected] and review the selection criteria below.
Health, Sanitation, Licensure, and Regulation
The Area Agency on Aging of Pasco-Pinellas, Inc. (AAAPP) or designee will complete a review of the DBPR website and in accordance with the Department of Elder Affairs Programs (DOEA) manual to assure that:
- The restaurant’s three most recent local health inspection reports have no significant citations and no recurring citations;
- Assure that the restaurant has not had any closures or Administrative Complaints from a regulatory agency regarding food safety/sanitation in the past 12 months; and
The restaurant must meet or exceed the local food service licensing, health regulations and agrees to:
- Notify the AAAPP and Nutrition Provider immediately of any closures (temporary or permanent) or Administrative Complaints against the restaurant;
- Notify the AAAPP and the Nutrition Provider within 24 hours of any sanitation inspections and provide a copy of the report;
- A written, executed Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) outlining the service provided will be maintained by the AAAPP.
The restaurant will submit the following prior to being selected:
- Copy of the restaurant‘s current food service license;
- The three most recent local health inspection reports;
- Menus for approval
- A copy of the Professional Food Manager’s certificate(s);
- An insurance certificate stating current policy coverage and, if available, evidence of umbrella or excess liability policy;
- Work with the AAAPP to negotiate a unit cost
Restaurant’s Operational Capabilities (Must have the appropriate capabilities to administer components of the program to include but not limited to):
- Must permit unannounced access to the food preparation area to the local nutrition provider, AAAPP or State Agency staff;
- Will be required to work with nutrition providers on pre-defined meal or meal options.
- Must utilize menus that have been reviewed and approved by a nutrition provider’s qualified dietitian. The menu used should be the current restaurant menu to the greatest extent possible.
The restaurant must be willing to perform at a minimum the following tasks:
- Follow the procedures established by the AAAPP or nutrition provider to validate that participants are registered and authorized for consumption of corporate dining meals, as appropriate.
- Use the system established by the nutrition provider to document the total number of meals served to participants monthly;
- Use the system established by the nutrition provider to document the total number of unduplicated participants;
- Prior to working with client specific information, the restaurant agrees to have staff participate in required HIPAA training as it is deemed necessary.
- If the restaurant is delivering food directly, the entity agrees to complete abuse, neglect, self-neglect and exploitation training designated online by the Department of Children and Families.
If you are a restaurant interested in working with the Area Agency on Aging of Pasco-Pinellas, Inc., please email [email protected]