Ways to Maximize Exposure for Your Business Online
Once upon a time, you just needed a good website to have an online presence. Today, there are a host of platforms where information and conversations about your business appear.
This webpage is designed to help you manage your business information on three of those online platforms - Google, Tripadvisor and Yelp. If you haven't added or managed your business listings online before, it can seem daunting, but our helpful videos and printable pdfs contain step-by-step instructions to make things easy. We've also provided tips for how to manage your online reputation on social platforms such as Facebook and Twitter.
If you have questions, please contact the Visit St. Pete/Clearwater team.
Managing Your Google Listings
Google is where the majority of consumers will find your business. (Or not.) It's important to frequently update and manage your business information in order to be highly visible on Google.
In the Google My Business Fundamentals Fact Sheet, you'll learn how to:
- Claim your business
- Add a new business
- Complete your profile or edit it
- Write a good description
In the Google My Business Advanced Tips Fact Sheet, you'll learn how to:
- Add and remove images for your business
- Decide which images to feature in your listing
- Respond to reviews in a way that enhances the reputation of your business and gains the trust of potential customers
- Create a Google Post to promote an upcoming sale, special or event
- Communicate in Google's Questions and Answers feature
- Get valuable Insights Data about your the visability of your business on Google
- Connect to Google Analytics to view your website's performance data in your Google My Business dashboard
Managing Your Listings on Tripadvisor & Yelp
Tripadvisor and Yelp are two of the most trusted online platforms consumers turn to for information about hotels, attractions, restaurants and many other business categories.
In this Yelp & Tripadvisor Fundamentals document, you'll learn how to:
- Set up a new listing or claim an existing one
- Fill out your business information completely
- Increase the number of reviews you receive
- Respond to reviews
- Take advantage of tips and tricks from the experts
Online Reputation Management
In our sections above, you've read about managing your business information on Google, Tripadvisor and Yelp, all important pieces of your online promotion. In the document below, you'll learn best practices for keeping your business information current and positive on social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter, review sites, your own website and via your email communications.