5 Things You Can Do To Stay Relevant & Generate Business
We realize the concept of business-as-usual has evaporated during this challenging time. Now more than ever, businesses have to rethink how to reach their biggest fans and potential customers. We know it’s not easy and some of these will require new thinking amidst pressing financial needs. Here are a handful of ways to continue reaching customers and staying top-of-mind and resources to help you learn how to execute some of these efforts.
The No. 1 social media platform offers you the ability to connect LIVE directly to your biggest fans and potential customers within the app.
- Restaurant: Your chef preparing one of your signature dishes from his home kitchen. Include a call-to-action for viewers to head to your website to buy a gift card for future use.
- Brewery: Your brewer enjoying a flight of beer at home and direct viewers on how to buy your beer.
- Attraction: Showcase your unique selling proposition in a creative way, whether with your most popular docent, museum director or content experts.
- A step-by-step tutorial, including screenshots and video.
Did you know?
- You can go live with recorded footage, meaning you can create intrigue around the recorded and edited videos, which gives you more control over what the finished product looks like.
Offer eGift Cards
This provides your guests with an immediate way to support your business while staying home and heeding health guidelines. And make sure that the eGift card is prominently displayed on your website and social media channels.
- Square is one company offering businesses the ability to start selling eGift cards for free without any equipment.
Leveraging Existing Customer Database
Do you have a database of guest emails? Phone numbers? All of this requires previous consent, but utilizing that channel to communicate humanizing messages, not sales efforts, can help build trust with your audience.
When the time is right you can pivot to more sales-first messages about coming to visit, but an overwhelming amount of consumer research right now says people will not respond positively to those efforts.
- Here’s a guide to emailing customers during COVID-19.
Google Listing Management
Communication during an event like this is imperative, which means maintaining an accurate Google My Business listing. Remember, your customers are more likely going to turn to Google for information about your business before any other source.
- Here’s an 11-minute video explaining how to update your business hours, phone number, menu options and other useful items powered by Google.
Implement Brighter Days Ahead Platform
Not sure what kind of message to use or don’t have the resources to create a new message during this never-before-experienced time? Visit St. Pete/Clearwater created non-branded Brighter Days Ahead assets for any city, attraction, restaurant, etc. to leverage.
- Access and download all of the assets here, including video, email signatures, web banners and more.